Catharine Herb-Kelly, Q.C.
Catharine Herb-Kelly Q.C. is associate counsel at Branch MacMaster. She began her career as Crown Counsel at 222 Main Street. In 1981 she joined Guild Yule & Company where she became a partner until 2003 when she established her own practice. Initially Catharine focussed on Guild Yule's insurance defense practice, but over time developed an administrative law practice primarily in the areas of health and adult and infant guardianship law which she carries on to this day. She was appointed Queens Counsel in 2003.
Catharine has represented numerous regulatory bodies in the regulation of health care and other professionals. She has also defended hospitals in medical malpractice claims and has appeared before numerous tribunals in the BC Provincial Court, the Supreme Court and BC Court of Appeal. She currently acts as independent counsel to tribunals hearing professional disciplinary matters.
Contact Catharine Herb-Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 622-6605.
Areas of Practice
- Health Law
- Administrative Law
- Adult Guardianship
- LL.B, University of British Columbia, 1977
- Admitted to the British Columbia Bar 1978
- Defence counsel in health professional malpractice claims
- General counsel for health professions including representations to the government, scope of practice reviews, registration issues, professional disciplinary actions, privacy matters and legislation drafting
Professional and Community Activities
- Past member of the Board of Directors of the Vancouver Richmond Association for the Mentally Handicapped
- Past President and member of the Board of Directors of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Past member of the Education and Credential Committees for the Law Society of British Columbia
- Board of Directors of the Community Legal Assistance Society from 1996-2004
- Board of Directors of the Planned Lifetime Advocacy Network from 1995-2003
- Board of Directors of the Arts Club Theatre Company from 2001-2009
- Board of Directors of the Arts Club Theatre Company Foundation – current
- Member of the Council of Governors for the Arts Club Theatre Company – current