Chelsea Hermanson is a litigation associate with Branch MacMaster. She joined the firm in April 2014 and has experience in a wide range of civil litigation, including commercial contractual disputes, medical malpractice, and employment matters. Chelsea has advised clients on a variety of issues and has represented clients before the Provincial and Superior Courts in Alberta and British Columbia. Since 2014, Chelsea has practiced primarily in the area of class actions, working on cases such as Watson v. Bank of America et al (credit card interchange fee price-fixing), Majestic Mattress Mfg. Ltd. v. Vitafoam Products Canada Limited et al (polyurethane foam price fixing), Jardine v. Certainteed Corporation (defective siding), Condon v. Canada (student loans privacy breach), and Douez v. Facebook Inc. (Facebook ad privacy breach).
Before joining Branch MacMaster, Chelsea worked as an associate at a national firm in Calgary, Alberta.
Contact Chelsea Hermanson at email@example.com
or (604) 631-2561.
Areas of practice
- Class actions
- Commercial Litigation
- JD (cum laude), University of Ottawa (2011)
- BA, Law and Society, University of Calgary (2007)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Admitted to Alberta Bar, 2012
- Admitted to British Columbia Bar, 2014
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Secretary, CBA Class Actions Section
- Presenter, "Independent Contractor Status: Risks and Rewards", Bennett Jones Employment Symposium, 2013
- Presenter, "Class Actions Year in Review", CBA Class Action Section, 2015
- Co-author (with Luciana Brasil), "Drug Wars and Drug Deals: Pharmaceutical Class Actions", Westen Canadian Class Actions Conference (Vancouver: Continuing Legal Education of British Columbia, 2016)
- Presenter, "Class Actions Year in Review", CBA Class Action Section, 2016