Branch MacMaster LLP is Canada’s Smallest National Law Firm, comprised of 15 lawyers focused on litigation including class actions, health, insurance and personal injury.
We were the 2013 winner of the Canadian Bar Association’s Work-Life Balance Award and have been recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Canada’s top boutiques, by the National Post as one of BC’s top business law firms and by Lexpert as a leader in commercial insurance and class actions.
We have an opening for an intermediate litigation legal assistant in class actions. The successful candidate would be motivated, a quick learner and be an integral part of our friendly and collaborative team.
- Performing LAA work from file opening to closing.
- Drafting simple pleadings, including application records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books.
- Drafting correspondence.
- Filing documents with court registries.
- Communicating with opposing counsel, experts and clients.
- Maintaining BF limitation dates.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- 2-5 years’ experience as a litigation legal assistant.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to deal directly with clients and all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail, be organized and proactive, able to multi-task and handle changing priorities.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Word and ability to learn new software and technology quickly.
- Thorough knowledge of the BC Supreme Court Civil Rules and ability to interpret Rules and Acts. Familiarity with civil courts of other jurisdictions (AB, SK, ON and QC) an asset.
- Experience with ProLaw (document management) an asset.
- Experience in class actions an asset.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, extended health and dental benefits and flex days (after working 30 minutes extra per day, you get one full day off with pay every three weeks).
If you are interested, please email your cover letter and resume (in Word) to Aninder Sandhu, office manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.