Branch MacMaster has been involved in class actions for over 25 years. Unlike firms who specialize on plaintiff or defence work, we have throughout that time acted for both plaintiffs and defendants, and this dual practice has allowed us to acquire a broad understanding of class action strategy and forge good working relationships with the leading class action lawyers across Canada. As class actions have become an increasingly popular tool used in litigation in Canada, we are ready to assist our clients.
Branch MacMaster LLP has the depth of experience to successfully manage complex class actions for its clients. The firm’s extensive class action practice includes representing plaintiffs, insurance companies, governments, health profession regulators and many other clients. The firm has been successful in class actions at all levels of Court including at the Supreme Court of Canada.
Branch MacMaster is aware of the complexities associated with class actions and strive to keep current with the latest developments in the area. The firm shares its breadth of experience with the legal community by regularly participating in educational initiatives. The firm’s class action lawyers teach class actions to law students, speak at legal conferences and attend as guests on legal panels and podcasts.
If you have questions about class actions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are wondering whether a particular claim has been the subject of a class action, you may consult the Canadian Bar Association’s National Class Action Database,send us an email.
Craig Jones, K.C.
Charlotte K.B. Harman
Jacqueline M. Palef
Current Class Actions
- Airlines Class Action
- Business in Motion Pyramid Scheme
- CertainTeed Fiber Cement Siding
- CIBC Mortgages Prepayment Penalty
- CN Rail – Parkland County Horn Noise
- CPP Benefits Privacy Breach — Lost USB Key
- Credit Card Interchange Fee Price Fixing
- eBooks Price Fixing
- Equifax Class Action
- Facebook Sponsored Stories
- GM Diesel Emissions
- Google Class Action
- Gymnastics Canada and Provincial Gymnastics Associations
- Medical Marihuana Privacy Breach
- Peoples Trust Security Breach
- RCMP Misconduct at Fairy Creek
- Student Loans Privacy Breach
- Uber Claim
Past Class Actions
- BC Tel
- Behr Wood Coatings
- Bosch Emissions
- Charity Gaming Licence Fee Recovery
- Chocolate Price Fixing
- Coquitlam Electrical Inspections
- Ford TFI
- Foreign Exchange
- Foreign Nationals’ Property Tax
- Maple Leaf Products – Listeriosis Outbreak
- Medtronic Pacing Leads
- Menu Foods
- Miralex Skin Cream
- Nova Scotia Immigration Fees
- Polyurethane Foam Price Fixing
- Probate Fee
- Public Service and Canadian Forces Death Benefits
- Public Service Death Benefits
- SISIP LTD
- Volkswagen Diesel Emissions
All class. All action.”